Friday, May 27, 2005

Today I Am Divorced

Well, it's now official. My D-I-V-O-R-C-E became final at Travis County Court House this morning. The judge swore me in, I answered a few questions and that was that. There's no such thing as a "good" divorce, but this one was a lot cleaner than it could've been. My ex-wife is no Ivana Trump and I'm no Ike Turner, so that helped.

Closing the legal book on a marriage triggers a weird mash of emotions. I feel sad about not being able to work it out, but I'm also relieved to no longer be living in the purgatory of the pending. Perhaps not enough to get drunk and stick dollar bills in g-strings, but relieved nonetheless.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the key is to get drunk, THEN stuff dollar bills in g-strings. It's very liberating!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel.I remember thinking I'd be ecstatic when my divorce was final, and...well, I pretty much was. But there was sadness too. And I didn't even have any dollars left over to stuff in g-strings.

RKM