Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Closing the Book on Buster

I finally got to see the "Sugartime!" episode of Postcards from Buster for myself last night. As I suspected, the two-moms angle was handled briefly, tastefully and matter-of-factly. No one in their right mind could possibly say the show was "promoting the homosexual agenda," though anyone who seriously uses the phrase "promoting the homosexual agenda" automatically gets their sanity called into question in my book.

Not having kids myself (that I know of), I'd never seen Postcards from Buster before. It's actually quite a good show. Buster is a wide-eyed cartoon rabbit who travels around the country in a private jet with his dad, who is managing a touring rock group. Each episode, Buster meets an interesting new family that shares its life with him. He carries a camcorder to make video "postcards" of his adventures to send home to mom. This unique artifice allows the show to be shot from the perspective of an eager, shaky-handed little boy.

"Sugartime!" takes place in Vermont during the maple syrup season. Despite residing far outside Buster's target demographic, I learned plenty about the process of making maple syrup. For example, did you know it can take up to 40 gallons of maple tree sap to make just one gallon of steaming hot girl-on-girl action, I mean maple syrup? Now that's what I call a sticky situation!

No comments: