Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Snoring in the New Year

Faced with the absence of the usual New Year's Eve party at David and Rachel's due to the blessed arrival of young Miles Wyatt six weeks ago, Kate and I rung in 2008 in relatively low-key fashion. Following an early evening toast with David and Rachel, we retired to our home and watched the History Channel.

I started to do the nods around 11:30, but when midnight beckoned, we switched over to Univision to watch the countdown live from Mexico City and Acapulco. With Times Square an hour ahead of Texas, watching the ball drop always feels a bit premature to me.

I thought I might regret not going out on New Year's Eve, but kissing on the couch as Don Francisco and a bunch of scantily-clad dancing women wished us a prospero año nuevo was just about right.

No comments: