Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Kate's "Smashing" Encounter

As you might have surmised from my new profile photo, Kate and I are faithful fans of NBC's Friday Night Lights.

I got nervous when they introduced the Straight-Outta- Melrose storyline of having Landry bludgeon a rapist to death, but the delicious marital back-and-forth between Coach Taylor and Tammy continues to make FNL the best drama on network TV right now.

Since the show films in Austin, cast sightings are not uncommon around these parts. Last Friday, appropriately enough, Kate met Gaius Charles, the handsome young actor who plays star running back Brian "Smash" Williams. You can peep at her gushing account here.

I guess I’ll have to redouble my efforts to meet Minka Kelly, the fetching young actress who plays born-again former cheerleader Lyla Garrity.

No comments: