Friday, February 11, 2005

Deadlines and Tacos

With South By Southwest coming up fast, I'm starting to feel the burn writing-wise. In fact, writing is really all I should be doing this weekend. The writing itself won't take all weekend, but I have to build in plenty of time for procrastination. After all, that's when I get my household chores done. Nothing motivates me to tidy up more than an imminent deadline.

Nevertheless, the head must be fed, and there's a swell new Mexican place just down the street from me called Taqueria Jalisco at 1304 W. Koenig. I've long been a fan of Taqueria Arandas #3 on Burnet, but sometimes it fills up and becomes too noisy for a solo diner just looking to read his Thrifty Nickel in peace. Taqueria Jalisco makes a savory taco al pastor, which is the first thing I look for in a Jalisco-style restaurant. They also do three breakfast tacos for $2.75 until noon, which is one of the better deals you'll find this side of Tamale House. Best of all, if you need to do some laundry, the Woodrow Washateria is right next door.

No comments: