Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Roses in the Gutter

This morning when I was pulling out of my driveway, I noticed an arrangement of fresh roses lying on the side of the road.

I wanted to take a photo of the flowers, but I was already late for work, and they were gone when I got home. Therefore, you’ll have to trust my admittedly suspect floral judgement when I say these flowers were fresh enough to where you could’ve put them in water and tricked someone with poor eyesight (a grandmother, for example) into thinking they were brand new.

I don’t know whose flowers they were or how they got there, but none of the scenarios I’m imagining are particularly pleasant. Roses in the gutter the day after Valentine’s Day is never a good sign.

Unless, of course, the flower discarding was followed by loud, unabashed, ass-to-wall make-up sex.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg, I'm sorry to see you busy schedule you mentioned is slowing down your posting schedule. ;-)

Greg said...

On second thought, I'm not sure "ass-to-wall make-up sex" sounds right coming from anybody.

I was really hoping it would become part of the lexicon, too.