Thursday, October 20, 2005

Astros Advance to World Series

Like the Ike and Tina Turner Revue, the Houston Astros never do anything easy.

After suffering through the nauseating Pujols three-run homer with only one strike to win on Monday, the Astros came back to clinch the NLCS in six games last night. TXCN was showing KHOU's footage of the well-lubricated celebration on Main Street. Neither of Texas' MLB teams have ever made it to the World Series before. I'm glad the Astros beat the Rangers to it.

It'll be rough going against the well-rested Chicago White Sox, but the 'Stros definitely have a chance if their ace pitchers come through.

Sadly, I missed the entire game because I was at band practice. Now that I think about it, I was also at practice when the Rockets' won their first NBA title in 1994. Damn, I miss all the good stuff.

No comments: