Monday, July 11, 2005

Free Chili Dogs Tomorrow!

I've never seen an appetizing photo of a chili dog, and this one is particularly repulsive. However, that shouldn't stop you from getting a free chili dog at Weinerschnitzel tomorrow from 5-8pm in honor of the hot dog chain's 44th birthday. While you're there, you can also get a free thimble-size Tastee Freez cone.

Weinerschnitzel may be America's largest hot dog chain, and Nathan's Famous may be the most venerable, but my favorite is still James Coney Island in Houston. Austin had its own James Coney Island on Congress for a year or so, but it closed down in 2003. Downtown Austin wasn't a good location for them. People in suits don't like taking a chance with chili cheese dogs. More importantly, there's no drive-up business downtown. I wish they'd talked to me before moving in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll eat that nasty looking dog, just so I can justify having that super-cute little cone! See y'all there!