Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Doll Parts

Saturday's Alamo Drafthouse screening of Beyond the Valley of the Dolls at Independence Brewery was fun. Because it was being held in the parking lot of an industrial office park, I expected the heat to be oppressive, but a nice breeze and several beers kept the evening bearable. My Ron Titter Band compatriot Andy Loomis and I stayed right through to the bitter end of Ladies and Gentlemen, The Fabulous Stains at 1:30am.

The highlight for me was getting Erica Gavin's autograph on this lovely BTVOTD poster, which I plan to have framed very soon. I don't typically get autographs, but this was one I wasn't going to pass up. My friend Shazza picked up Gavin at the airport and was kind enough to point me out at the autograph table.

The ebullient Ms. Gavin said hello and quipped, "So, is this the hot one you were telling me about?" Although Shazza hadn't previously mentioned me as "hot," it doesn't change the fact that I was called "hot" by the star of Russ Meyer's Vixen.

I'm pretty sure I'll be babbling about that in the nursing home, too.

No comments: