Thursday, December 22, 2005

One Week 'til the Titter Drops!

Time once again for yet another shameless plug...

My new rock combo, The Ron Titter Band plays its first show ever one week from tonight (Thursday, December 29) at Room 710. We go on around 10pm.

After us, my old friend and former high school bandmate Kilian Sweeney's band Churchbus rolls in from Chicago. Some of you old school Houstonians might remember Kilian from deSchmog. The warbly weird masked barkers of Attic Ted headline the show.

We've started a MySpace site where you can hear demo versions of some of the songs guitarist/keyboardist David Wyatt and I wrote early on. Hopefully we'll get in a studio setting to do full band recordings before too long.

I'm not quite sure how to describe The Ron Titter Band. It's the first band I've done in awhile that doesn't have a concrete schtick, which is both scary and liberating. We're trying to write more fully-fleshed out songs and incorporate the occasional non-rock idiom (soul, folk, country, etc.) where appropriate. At the same time, we're still a bunch of goofy dorks who love a good fart joke.

For his part, Kilian says I've gone directly from the "adolescent venting" of the Peenbeets to "the misguided torments of a 'single for the third time' grown man."

Hey, maturity is maturity!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it. I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, and I think I like it.

David Titter

Found in the Alley said...

Me excited too.

You know I meant "misguided" in the most respectful and approving of ways. I'd follow you any where.
Btw you might consider heading down to Hugetown on the 30th - punk rock party hosted by J.R. We'll talk.

Hugs, Kilian