Sunday, December 25, 2005

Bloody Mary Christmas Morning

Today was a typical traditional Christmas day here in the Beets household. My folks woke up at 5am and I was awakened by them three and a half hours later with the strains of Jose Feliciano's "Feliz Navidad" and my dad's attempt at blowing "Reville" on the bugle. For me, 8:30am is pretty good.

There are only three of us (four if you include Lucky the dog), so opening gifts doesn't take long even when we're leisurely and chatty about it. Once all the gifts are open, we have Bloody Marys. Because of an awful experience I had with Screwdrivers 18 years ago, Christmas is the only time of the year when I'll drink something with vodka in it.

I imagine things would be a lot less mellow if there were children around, but I'm pretty sure we'd still drink Bloody Marys.

1 comment:

snax said...

Sounds like you had a nice holiday. Oh, but excuse me- more MELLOW with kids around? Yeah, count your lucky days and hand me a cocktail. I forgot to tell you how I spent Thanksgiving day in a one hour heart-to-heart with my soon to be 16 year old step-niece. Discussing teen sex, STD prevention, female empowerment, etc. You would've been proud.