Monday, March 27, 2006

Going to the Go-Go's

I saw the Go-Go's last night at Stubb's. It was a fun show. This particular tour commemorates the 25th anniversary of Beauty and the Beat, so they played the album in its entirety from "Our Lips Are Sealed" to "Can't Stop the World." If I would've had a pile of Legos to play with, it would've been like listening to the record in my bedroom when I was growing up.

They also did the other hits like "Vacation," "Head Over Heels" and "Get Up and Go" before ending with a great cover of the Shangri-Las' "Remember (Walking in the Sand)." I've been getting into them a lot lately from watching video clips on Bedazzled. They were, as Belinda Carlisle put it, "original bad girls." I also just found out Shangri-Las' lead singer Mary Weiss is doing a new album on Norton Records with the Reigning Sound.

The opening act was some band called Stimulator. They did a disco version of Rush's "Tom Sawyer," which is all that needs to be said about them.

No comments: