Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Ghosts of Blogs Past

It was with a mixture of regret and relief that I decided to give up my Austin Chronicle music blog last week.

“If You Have Ghosts” went live just before SXSW with heady ambitions of frequent festival postings. As it turned out, I didn’t post once during SXSW and I’ve only posted five times since.

Between this blog and writing for print, there just wasn’t enough time to maintain a blog devoted exclusively to music. I felt guilty about not posting, but not enough to actually do anything about it.

I was raised to feel bad about quitting, which made sense because I wanted to quit everything I wasn't immediately successful at as a child. However, my experience as an adult tells me I need to become more proactive about walking away from things I've grown ambivalent about.

2 comments:

A Music Page said...

I think you should have just said "Hey Blog, It's not you, it's me."

I, for one celebrate your indifference.

Anonymous said...

I can relate.

Michael