Thursday, July 05, 2007

Cult of Dunkin'


Now that I’m sharing a home with a born-and-bred New Englander, it is of tantamount importance that I learn the ins and outs of that exotic culture as quickly as possible.

Accordingly, I’ve shifted my American League allegiance to the Red Sox, though I’d still have to pull for the Astros in inter-league play or (stifles laugh) the World Series.

I’ve learned that the horse-riding revolutionary who warned colonial Massachusetts of an incipient Redcoat invasion is actually named “Paul Reveagh.” One of these days, I’ll even figure out how to use the phrase, “wicked pissa” in a sentence.

Most importantly, I’ve started grinding Dunkin’ Donuts coffee at home. It’s pretty good joe all right, but I’ve yet to fully grasp the degree of New England’s allegiance to Dunkin’ Donuts. Mike Miliard attempts the brave feat of explaining the Cult of Dunkin’ in the March 2 Boston Phoenix.

Original post via Metafilter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm wicked excited for Dunkin' Donuts to make its big push into the Austin area so I can get my lahge regulah!

Found in the Alley said...

btw everybody don't order a regulah unless you want cream and sugah. regulah don't have nothing to do with caffeine.