Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Ocean Called. They're Running Out of Shrimp.

I did something really bad to both my body and the planet last night.

After learning that Red Lobster has reactivated their beloved Endless Shrimp special, I went to the location nearest me and ate about 60 shrimp, most of which were deep fried. I was actually aiming to eat 100 shrimp, but I can't put them away like I could during my hardcore buffeteering days.

I suppose it's a bit unbecoming to walk into a restaurant alone with a magazine and stuff your face until you can't walk straight, but I couldn't turn away from all the shrimp I can eat for just $14.95. I couldn't leave the perfectly good cheddar biscuits, Caesar salad and baked potato alone, either.

This is one ugly American trait I'm going to have a hard time letting go of when the sugar teat runs dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't turn away from all the shrimp I can eat for just $14.95
Ah, I would have been just as weak in the presence of cheap & plentiful shrimp. Luckily for me there is no Red Lobster nearby my place...

Georgina