Friday, September 15, 2006

ACL 2006 May Catch Break from God

It looks like the weather will be a little more tolerable for this year's Austin City Limits Music Festival. Highs in the mid 90s with a 20-30 percent chance of rain. That's perfectly reasonable for mid-September in Texas.

They've been watering Zilker Park for weeks in an effort to avoid a repeat of last year's dust bowl. Nevertheless, allergens are out in force this weekend so I'll be hopped up on Claritin in addition to sunscreen and bottled water.

Speaking of watering, I stupidly left my soaker hose on all night, possibly drowning several privacy bushes. Now all the middle schoolers are going to have to watch me mow without a shirt on for years to come.

1 comment:

snax said...

I's still unbearably hot out here, the less clothes worn the better!!

I'm currently hiding out in the A T & T digital Oasis, A/c and laptops and a living room atmosphere. Nickel Creek is on right now in here, but ouside is Gnarls Barkley onstage, hanging out with my sister Jenn. The emo boys are having a worse time with the heat than i am, but not by much. Gotta pace for the heat and allergens, and limit the Lone Star intake!