Tuesday, May 16, 2006

My Little Turn on the Catwalk

If you would've told my 15-year-old self that I would one day take part in a fashion show, I would've accused you of being high in a friendly way.

Having emerged from an adolescence of such gross sartorial ineptitude, I'm especially giddy that JenBB of Felt Up and Blue Velvet reknown asked me to take part in tomorrow night's annual Club de Ville Spring Fashion Show. I get to hang out backstage with models and everything. I'll also get to rehearse, which should minimalize the chances of me falling off the stage.

The show features fashions from several Austin boutiques, including Flipnotics, Estilo, Legs Diamond, Shiki, Upstairs, and, of course, Blue Velvet. The whole thing starts at 8pm and admission is $15. Or you can attend the VIP reception at 7pm for $40. All proceeds benefit AIDS Services of Austin, which is a mighty fine cause indeed.

Tickets are available at Blue Velvet, Club de Ville, Pink Salon, Innu Salon and all other participating boutiques.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I've done that show before, a few years ago. I think I was in it two or three times. For Blackmail.

Dude, you'll totally get to see nekkid chicks EVERYWHERE. And there was so much free beer, we were all sort of drunk. It was KEWL. Until we set the stage on fire. But I, quick thinker that I am, grabbed an audience member's drink and put the fire out with that. I only thought afterwards, that I was glad it wasn't straight Scotch or something. That could have been bad.

Hope you had fun.....