Thursday, August 30, 2007

Georgia Ate My Mind

Bad weather has conspired to keep me stuck in Atlanta for yet another evening. My 7pm flight to Dallas/Fort Worth was canceled, which scotched my connection to Austin, so the soonest I can get out of here is 6:50am tomorrow.

I'm now sitting in a Residence Inn a short distance from the airport. Because the cancellation was weather-related, American Airlines wouldn't comp my room. I'm taking it on faith that I'll be able to get these unapproved expenses reimbursed. They do have free Internet here, though.

When I was a single man living alone, getting stuck in Atlanta wouldn't have bothered me much. Now I'm stalking around like Steve Martin in Planes, Trains and Automobiles because I can't get home to Kate tonight.

At least I won't be sleeping with John Candy's hand twixt my pillows.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

My husband, who Knows About These Things, says you shouldn't have to worry about remibursement, as it was an unavoidable travel expense, and you had no alternatives.