Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Chili Reception

I just opened a notice saying the Cattle Drive Chicken Chili I purchased at Costco in bulk a couple of weeks back is being voluntarily recalled because the USDA and CDC are investigating possible botulism contamination of the product. A full list of canned meat products that are part of this recall can be found here.

I've already consumed two cans of the chili and have yet to notice any overt symptoms of botulism. Nevertheless, I will dispose of the remaining cans as directed and apply for a full refund.

Assuming I don't get sick, this is just like getting two free cans of chili. Sweet!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cheapo optimists make me sick! :-)

Greg said...

I think you just gave me a new band name!

Anonymous said...

How can you tell the difference between a normal canned chili reaction and a canned chili with botulism reaction?