Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Me So Sleepy

After a week and a half of high-quality sleep (the longest period of good sleep I've had since before SXSW), I seem to have fallen back into a pattern of insomnia over the past couple of nights.

Part of this can be explained by the Monday arrival of Kate's two cats, Henry and Poe. They are expressing their move-related confusion with incessant chatter at 5am. I think it'll die down once they realize Kate and I aren't going anywhere. Otherwise, I rather like living in the presence of non-human animals again.

Although the cats' arrival is the most logical explanation for my lack of sleep, my anxious mind assumes the black cloud is back. Hopefully I'll find the groove again soon enough. If not, I still have a decent supply of Ambien on hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg--

I was having quite similar symptoms, and tried Ambien, Xanax, counseling for anxiety, etc.
At a later time I was diagnosed with thyroid problems, for symptoms that I thought were unrelated, but in the end probably weren't. You may want to ask your doctor about that.

Dan

Anonymous said...

load some white noise onto your ipod