Thursday, February 07, 2008

California Fever


Here's the opening of California Fever, a short-lived CBS series from 1979 that was apparently picked up by BBC at some point. The show starred Jimmy McNichol (Kristy's bro) and Lorenzo Lamas. Basically, Jimmy and his friends hung out on the beach, roller boogied down the boardwalk and cruised around in muscle cars as the week's extra-vapid plot unfolded.

Being an impressionable 10-year-old boy who watched way too much TV, I thought California Fever was pretty awesome. I hoped maybe one day I could move to sunny Southern California and be a boss teen like Jimmy McNichol.

As it was, I moved to Austin and then a good portion of California followed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you I thought I dreamed this show. Nobody remembers this show between this and HR Puffinstuff I feel vindicated.