Friday, February 05, 2010

Denny's Gives It Away

Denny's is giving away a bunch of food these days. Next Tuesday between 6am and 2pm, you can get a free Original Grand Slam Breakfast just for showing up. Expect a crowd since Denny's is running ads to promote this during the Super Bowl on Sunday. Last year's free Grand Slam promotion drew 2 million people.

If you don't have all day, you can still get a coupon for a free burger and fries if you're one of the first 500,000 people who sign up for the new Denny's Rewards program before Feb. 14. Other than possibly getting a bunch of e-mail you'll have to delete, this one looks pretty painless.

Starting Feb. 10, Denny's puts the smackdown on IHOP by providing free refills on any order of pancakes or fries. I always thought IHOP's $4.99 endless pancake promotion was a rip-off because I can't eat that many pancakes, but I can put away plenty of fries. And I will. Just please don't tell my wife.

Best of all, you can get a free Grand Slam breakfast on your birthday. That's not quite as good as the old free birthday meal deal, but I'm not one to argue with the fickle mistress that is Free.

1 comment:

ModernMel said...

I too can put away some fries!
Thanks for sharing. I plan on getting a free Grand Slam on Tuesday.