Kliph Nesteroff posted this captioned 10-minute rant from disgraced former President Richard Nixon concerning Archie Bunker and homosexuality on WFMU's awesome Beware of the Blog yesterday.
It's clear early on that Tricky Dick does not approve of either All in the Family or homosexuality. Aides H.R. Haldeman and John Ehrlichman can barely get a word in edgewise.
At the end, Nixon expresses faith in his administration due to its honesty and intelligence. Now that he's safely dead, it's sort of funny to hear what a raving lunatic the man could be when he got going.
I was born the day Richard Nixon was elected president. That kinda sucked. I spent my only childhood watching my surrogate siblings on "The Brady Bunch" and singing K-Tel hits into hairbrushes. I came to Austin for school and stayed to play in bands. I'm 42, working for the big bad government and fighting the paunch, but I can STRETCH and I can KICK! Though I won't change this here blog's name, I'm happily married to a fine New England girl named Kate and we have an infant son who just started to crawl.
No comments:
Post a Comment