Thursday, January 01, 2009

Cable tragedy averted!

Time Warner and Viacom kissed and made up just before midnight. I found out by switching on Bachelor Party with Tom Hanks on Comedy Central this morning. Not a bad way to start the ol' año nuevo if you ask me.

Kate and I rang in 2009 and the wedding of our friends Mitsi and Josh. It was a fun, classy affair at the Austin Woman's Club, a cool Victorian Gothic chateau (ca. 1874) located in the historic Bremond Block behind the central library. We got to see the First Night fireworks go off from the balcony, too.

Now it's time to take down the Christmas lights. My mom used to say it was bad luck to leave Christmas lights up after January 1. I think she just told me that so I wouldn't be one of Those People who leaves them up until March.

No comments: