Austin may be lagging in rainfall, but there's a shower of savings in this week's supermarket circular round-up.
1. Texas Rio Red grapefruit, .25/ea. at Sprouts (through 4/13/11)
2. Minneola tangelos or organic navel oranges, .49/lb. at Sun Harvest (through 4/13/11)
3. Green beans or sweet potatoes, .88/lb. at Sprouts (through 4/13/11)
4. Asparagus, .99/lb. at Sprouts (through 4/13/11)
5. Boneless rib eye steak, $4.99/lb. at Sunflower (through 4/13/11)
Also, if you don't feel like cooking and don't want to eat fast food, Central Market's Dinners for Two are on sale this week for $10.99, a savings of $3 off the regular price. Daily offerings vary, but I can vouch for the puerco guisada meal they're doing on Saturday. The sale price is good through Apr. 12.
Austin supermarket links (directs to weekly ads where available):
El Rancho Supermercado
Sunflower Farmers Market
Sprouts Farmers Market
Wheatsville Food Co-Op
Whole Foods Market
Blow It Up ... But Not Just Yet
7 hours ago