Keep a tight lid on rising food prices with a few hits of Austin's finest supermarket deals.
1. Navel oranges, .49/lb. at Sprouts and Sun Harvest (through 3/30/11)
2. Texas 1015 yellow onions, .69/lb. at Whole Foods (through 3/30/11)
3. Green or red leaf lettuce, .88/lb. at Sun Harvest (through 3/30/11)
4. Boneless skinless chicken breasts, $1/lb. at El Rancho Supermercado (through 3/29/11)
5. Sun Harvest popcorn or kettle corn, .99/ea. at Sun Harvest (through 3/30/11)
Also, in a "spirited" attempt to mimic Trader Joe's Two Buck Chuck, Sprouts is now carrying something called Broke Ass Wines for $5 a bottle. And if your ass is even broker than that, pick up sixer of Sierra Madre beer for just $3.99 at Sprouts this week. That's almost as cheap as Walgreens' Big Flats 1901!
Austin supermarket links (directs to weekly ads where available):
El Rancho Supermercado
Sunflower Farmers Market
Sprouts Farmers Market
Wheatsville Food Co-Op
Whole Foods Market
Hodgepodge of stuff that interested me
7 hours ago