From our family to yours, here's another round of Austin's best grocery deals (cue syrupy "Fave Five Food Deals" jingle sung to the tune of that horrible John William Interiors spot).
1. Organic Beef Blowout at Sprouts - their language, not mine - 40% all organic beef cuts at Sprouts (through 5/19/10)
2. Natural* boneless skinless chicken breasts, $1.88/lb. at Newflower (through 5/19/10)
3. 2 lb. bag of Michigan Ida Red apples, .99 at H-E-B (through 5/18/10)
4. Green beans, Bell peppers (red, yellow or orange) and zucchini squash, .88/lb. at Sprouts (through 5/19/10)
5. Seven varieties of apples, broccoli crowns, baby peeled carrots and grape tomatoes**, .99/lb at Sun Harvest (through 5/19/10)
If you're willing to splurge a little, Whole Foods has a good deal this week on Texas-grown organic green beans for $1.99/lb. That would've made the Fave Five most any other week, but not this one.
*No enhancers or chemicals added.
**Grape tomatoes are sold by the pint, but close enough.