Wednesday, September 05, 2007

For the Seafood Glutton in You

Some people like fall because the leaves change colors. Others like fall because it brings a respite from the heat of summer as winter’s chill gradually settles in. I like fall because it means Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster.

For a limited time, good Americans like you and me can waddle into any participating Red Lobster throughout the contiguous 48 states and get shrimp after shrimp after shrimp for just $15.99. You can choose from Crunchy Popcorn Shrimp, Garlic Shrimp Scampi, Hand-Breaded Shrimp, Shrimp Linguini Alfredo and Red Lobster’s new Buffalo Shrimp (pictured) with a side of ranch. If putting away the most shrimp is your goal, I suggest staying away from the linguini and doubling up on the scampi.

During last year’s pilgrimage, I ate 60 shrimp along with a salad, baked potato and two cheddar biscuits. That was respectable enough, but my goal was to eat 100 shrimp. I’m afraid the century mark may still be elusive given my lack of conditioning, but 75 is a real possibility.

No comments: